OnePlus 8T has a gorgeous design. This device is premium mid-range device with flagship level specs. The phone’s back and front are made from Gorilla glass 5. It is very comfortable in hands because of matte aluminum frame.
Display of this device is not curved, a bad news for people who love curved display. Unlike the oneplus 8 pro, the 8T doesn’t have official waterproofing.
The oneplus 8t’s display is a 6.55 inch amoled with a 1080p resolution. You also get a super fast 120hz refresh rate and 240hz touch sampling rate.
You get a set of stereo speakers with a bottom firing unit and the earpiece acting as the second one. There’s no 3.5 millimeter jack.
Battery life of this device is pretty great. It has 4500mah battery. I love the warp charge technology of OnePlus. It comes with a huge 65 watt adapter.
Above are the few intro features of OnePlus 8T, now let’s move towards our goal. Our goal is to learn everything about How to root and unlock bootloader of OnePlus 8T.
It is advised to follow the steps mentioned in this post very carefully to avoid permanent damage or to brick your device. If anything goes wrong MyNextTechGadget is not responsible for it.
UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON ONEPLUS 8T
Before rooting any android device, unlocking bootloader is very important. Now let’s unlock bootloader of the oneplus 8t.
- Take a full backup your OnePlus 8T.
- Download – ADB & Fastboot drivers.
- Device battery should be more than 60%
Steps to Unlock Bootloader in OnePlus 8T:
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers which you have already downloaded.
- Enable developer options by going to Settings → About Phone and tap on “Build Number” for 7-8 times.
- After developer options is enabled, now you have to enable OEM Unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you have to boot into fastboot mode by holding the power button and select “Bootloader” option.
- Connect your Oneplus 8T to PC after entering the Fastboot Mode.
- Now you have to Open “Command Prompt” in ADB and Fastboot drivers folder.
- Enter the following command to unlock bootloader of your device:
fastboot oem unlock
- Now use volume keys and toggle for “Unlock the Bootloader” and press the power button. This step will erase all your data and your device will rebooted automatically.
- You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of OnePlus 8T. Now let’s move ahead and root this device.
ROOT ONEPLUS 8T
Rooting any android device has many advantages and disadvantages. Rooting will also Void the Warranty. After, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your device, now let’s root Oneplus 8T.
- Download – Magisk Manager.
- Download Stock Firmware.
- Download – ADB & Fastboot Drivers
- Unlocked Bootloader
NOTE: Make sure that you have downloaded the same firmware that you are running on your device.
Steps to Root OnePlus 8T:
- Extract the downloaded firmware and find boot.img file. Transfer this file to your Oneplus 8T.
- Download & Install Magisk Manager on your Oneplus 8T.
- Open Magisk Manager and Tap on Install → Install → Select and Patch a File. (Here select the boot.img file)
- When the patching process is done, the file will be saved in download folder.
- Now connect your device to PC and transfer the patched file to ADB folder in PC.
- Rename the patched file to Boot.img
- Open the Command Prompt and type the following command:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Now it will flash the patched boot image to your device. After flashing is done reboot your device.
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY ROOTED YOUR ONEPLUS 8T